Monday, August 10, 2009

Adventures In Housesitting

Sunday morning I woke up, at about 5am, hearing some voices in the house. One of them sounded like our houseguest.

My bedroom door opens and there is a flashlight in my eyes. It's police officers. They're asking me funny questions, like, "do you live here, sir?" I'm answering in the affirmative, perfectly calm, but quite puzzled. My wife is not quite so calm, asking "what the hell are you doing here?"

So - it turns out our houseguest had called the police. It was all a misunderstanding.

We'd left him in the house while we stayed in Michigan for ONE night. But our guest thought we were staying away TWO nights. We got home late Saturday, after he was sound asleep. So he wakes up early the next morning and detects clear indications that other people are in the house with him, and calls for help.

The police departed, much amused.
I went back to bed and snoozed.

No comments: