Saturday, August 18, 2007

Globalizing Medicine

It seems like there's a boom in offshore surgery. First I just heard about plastic surgery in Rio, but now I'm hearing about open heart surgery in India being a big bargain as compared to the costs in the U.S.

So, if you need some expensive procedure, and don't have insurance, this may be a good option. So sign up for your passport now, because the passport situation is still out of control.

Of course, it won't be worthwhile for minor procedures, because you do have to factor in the ticket to India!

If you need a new nose, try Brazil.
But head for Mumbai if you're really ill.

2 comments:

Luis said...

This made me laugh.

I liked your previous post's title, too. Emily Dickinson is one of my favorite dead poets.

John Enright said...

Emily Dickinson is one of my favorite dead poets too!