Monday, January 14, 2008

The Slightest Philosphy - Review Up

I have a habit of writing here about books I'm half way through.
But I like to finish them before publishing an actual review.

Doug Rasmussen commented that he liked the book too.
And he packs more scholarly weight than I do!

Prof. Rasmussen added these words of wisdom in the comments:
Most in my department hold that though post-modernism was fully developed by Kant, its "father" was Descartes. Post-modernism is the epistemological result of the modern approach to cognition. It seeks to replace existence with "our" consciousness. As Aristotle said: "An initial deviation from the truth is multiplied later a thousand-fold."
Forget about stuff that exists!
Soon it will barely be missed,
Sunk in inward consciousness.

No comments: