Thursday, September 12, 2013

Return of the Right to Carry

As of today, anyway: "Illinois Supreme Court: Second Amendment Protects Carrying Outside the Home"

Will shootings go up or down
here in this Windy Town?

I'm not clear on the practical implications of the ruling. The state legislature and governor just put a new concealed carry law into effect. People have been saying the new rules won't go into effect till 2014. But... if it's a constitutional right... isn't it in effect already? But maybe it's just open carry that's protected? I don't know. And I'm not eager to find out the hard way. But I think my home state is returning to sanity in the gun department.

I mean, we led the way in banning them for years, and it clearly didn't work.

I don't expect murder will come to an absolute stop,
but I'm willing to bet that the rate will drop.

No comments: