Sunday, December 18, 2016

My Lack of Knowledge Regarding the Electoral College

I thought they all got together for one big vote in D.C. But, no. They meet in their own states and mail in the results. Who knew? Well, I'm sure a lot of people knew, and for that matter, maybe I knew and forgot. I did take Civics at one point.

But I don't want to blame myself for my ignorance. I want to blame somebody else. So I blame the media. Why didn't they keep me informed about this?

Also, I blame the government. When I vote for President, I'm really voting for some Electors, right? But do I see their names on the ballot? No! I am kept in the dark about who I am really voting for. Can that be constitutional?

I'm in favor of keeping this system,
Although my knowledge is weak.
If the college were gone, I would miss them -
Let's treasure it as an antique!

No comments: