Friday, January 25, 2019

Genetic Revisionism

23andMe said I was a tiny percentage Sardinian, and a tiny percentage Ashkenazi. In both cases, it was under 3/10 of a percent.

Now, those percentages are mysteriously missing when I visit the site.

That's okay, because I never knew where they came from in the first place.

At least my tiny percentage of Native American is still showing. Maybe that's actually real.

Since they were less than one percent,
I don't much wonder where they went.
All in all, it's simply fairer
To say they fell in the margin of error.

2 comments:

Charlie McDanger said...

The feeling in my fringe circles is that these services are largely bogus. Some feel the arbitrary Ashkenazi assignments are intentional and fraudulent.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/technology/dna-ancestry-kits-twins-marketplace-1.4980976

John E. said...

Interesting. Skepticism seems warranted!