Thursday, May 05, 2005

The death of Greener's Law

There's an old expression, called Greener's Law: Never argue with a man that buys ink by the barrel.

The idea is that arguing with someone like a newspaper columnist is hopeless, because he can "out-shout" you with his voluminous and well-distributed out-pourings.

That changed with the coming of the political blogs. Now a lot of newspaper columnists sound positively frightened when they complain about being picked on by bloggers.

The power of ink
Started to sink
When words took flight
On screens of light.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Brilliant rhyme! I came here googling "Never argue with a person who buys ink by the barrel," got the info I needed, and was entertained!

Cool blog, man.

Radio Dog Fence Australia said...

You really make it seem so easy with your presentation but I find this topic to be really something which I think I would never understand. It seems too complicated and very broad for me. I am looking forward for your next post. I will try to get the hang of it!