Monday, May 02, 2005

Noble Vision

That's the title of a book by Gen (Genevieve) LaGreca, who I had the pleasure to meet a week ago at the ballet.

I have obtained a copy and just started looking at it. She has
endorsements from Milton Friedman, Walter Williams, Steven Forbes,
and Edith Packer. Visit Gen LeGreca's website for more detail.

The minimalized plot summary looks to be:

Amazing ballerina has a horrible accident. Heroic neurosurgeon
has a revolutionary technique that can repair her injuries. The
New York State health bureacracy won't let him do it. It's a love
story and a health-care drama.

Sounds like the stem-cell mess to me. But done up with Randian
Romanticism. (I say all this after reading about 10 pages.)

Just to give you a prose sample:

"Walking to her gate, she didn't hear the sterile music piped through
the loudspeaker. Instead, she hummed a joyous melody from the
first ballet she had ever seen, at age six, sitting with a group of
vagabond children."

Get the government out of our wealth,
And out of our health.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi John,
I was so flattered to be mentioned in your blog. Thank you for your interest in reading my novel, NOBLE VISION. (I'm intrigued with yours, as well, and am going to order it from Amazon.) If any of your readers want to ask me any questions about the book, I'll be happy to answer. You summarized the plot very well, and the rhyme at the end was clever. Your blog has made me realize how much I would like to have a little poetry in my life! See you at one of your discussion groups (hopefully June).

John Enright said...

Thanks for your note, Gen!