My biggest pet peeves about the Chicago Marathon:
3) All the runners who are alternating running with walking on some schedule - often in groups. It's a crowded race, and when people suddenly slow down in front of you, then you have to slow down too - and then try to get around them.
2) If your wife is there to cheer you on, it's hard to find her in the crowd. Say she is waiting right at the 26 mile marker. It's possible for you to stop for 30 valuable seconds and look at the crowd and not see her.
1) They serve pieces of banana at some aid stations near the end of the race. These banana pieces have peels on them. Many of these peels end up on the road in front of us. I can vouch for the fact that they are slippery.
Best reasons to do the Chicago Marathon:
3) Free Gatorade - all you can drink.
2) Crowds of people cheering for 26.2 miles.
1) Lots of live music.
In partial summation:
Go with the flow,
Not fast then slow.
Make sure your spouse
Wears a bright blouse.
Don't let those peels
Get under your heels.
Catch some great beats
And keep moving your feet.