Thursday, January 12, 2012

Unmasked

I hesitate to mention D.C. Unmasked & Undressed: A Memoir, for fear of giving it undue publicity, but I saw it at the library today on the New Books shelf.

It was written by a woman who puts herself forward as Clarence Thomas's girlfriend from a long time ago - from before he was married - and it's really big in the Too Much Information department, including a description of his man parts.

The author is a former federal administrative judge, and the book is a sort of sexual tell-all, about herself and her friends and their strangely boring (at least to me) escapades. I found the passages I read to be flatly undramatic and lacking in the ring of truth, mostly because she didn't seem to make the characters come alive.

The book doesn't seem to have gotten any traction,
despite chronicling a fair amount of "action".

No comments: