Saturday, August 10, 2013

Cast

obrienpublicitycrop33

It's a six person cast, that breaks logically into 2 sets of 3. The above, in the publicity shot, are what  you might think of as the main 3 characters. They have the most lines, and they have all met before the play begins.

Then there's the second set of 3, another bunch of characters who have already met before the play starts. These are goofing-around shots:

gregandnicolekatedonoghue

As usual, I have learned things about my script from this cast, and of course from my director, Anna Weiler Menekseoglu. One of the interesting things about having a play produced is having a number of people go through my words so intensely - as they commit to memory words that I have not, as they seek to embody words that I have never tried to act out. It feels a bit like having them dancing around inside my brain.

Of course, on their side, they are having to live with my words, and characters I created, dancing around inside their brains. Maybe that's why Nicole Roberts appears to pulling her hair out and going mad.

The theatrical occasion
is a mutual invasion.

No comments: