Thursday, October 31, 2013

On The Loose

staffs

These dogs were loose in the neighborhood today. Apparently they were spotted as early as 3am. Various people were freaking out about them because they're pit bulls. (American Staffordshire Terriers, actually, I think.) But Marsha said they were very nice dogs. For their own protection, Marsha brought them into our yard, and started calling around to see if anyone knew who they belonged to. They were hungry, like they hadn't eaten for a while.

Eventually, a police officer came for them. He was taking them to a nice no-kill shelter. Hopefully they'll scan them, to see if they have microchips. My daughter mentioned to him that they had collars, but no tags. "You know what that means," he said. Actually, we don't, but it makes me wonder if they were purposely abandoned.

I was tempted to think about adoption,
but right now it's not an option.

2 comments:

Charlie said...

I take a wary stance toward pits myself, but I'm glad they found someone like you. Good save.

John Enright said...

Wary is wise, I think. They are a man-stopping breed, after all. My wife and daughter had time to observe them, and even then they were careful.