Sunday, September 04, 2016

Cal City Mini

I ran the Calumet City Mini Marathon this morning.

It was only 30 dollars to enter, which is off-the-charts cheap.

I can see some of how they kept the price down. They had water, every 2.5 miles, not every 2 miles. And they only had water on the course - no Gatorade type stuff. Also, the course was not completely closed to traffic, although I thought they did a fine job of keeping us safe. There were Calumet City cops all over the course.

I heard some fellow-runners talking, and one was saying that this is actually the oldest half marathon in the Chicagoland area. Maybe that's why it's got this strange monicker of "Mini Marathon". Maybe they named it before the half marathon distance got popular.

At one point, the course ran on State Line road. If I'd strayed just a bit to the left, I would have been in Indiana.

Instead of drifting, I stayed straight,
and kept my course to just one state.

No comments: