Wednesday, December 19, 2018

Belated Welcome

I finally got an email from the Chicago Marathon indicating that I was selected for 2019. It wasn't a welcome exactly, it was an "update", but I'll take it. I was actually kind of worried about not getting an email from them - even though the website listed me as "selected".

I can list off the bad things about the Chicago Marathon.

1) it is slow to start, with 30,000 fast people in front of me. Really, it takes about an hour to get to the start line.
2) it is kind of crowded the whole way

I can list the good things too:

1) great crowd support
2) it is so darn flat
3) I don't have to drive far to get to it

I will tell you how it all works out in October 2019. Yeah, that's a downside too. You have to commit to the race way in advance.

Of course, you can run the same distance on your own
In your own neighborhood
But there are stoplights and no free Gatorade
So your time is never as good.

No comments: