Thursday, January 12, 2006

Seated Controversy

Chicago was recently named Fattest City by some magazine. Coincidentally, the city's mass transit agency recently announced they were ordering WIDER seats for its new buses.

The Trib, in an editorial today, came out against the wider seats: "A tight bus seat may serve a salutary purpose. While squeezing into the seat, some may ponder a new diet."

Gee. Why have seats at all? Standing is more exercise! Why have buses at all? Hiking is great exercise!

Oh, wait. Even monopoly bus services still have to compete for customers. They mainly compete with cars, which have nice big comfy seats.

I've tested the seats on the bus.
I'd put my conclusion thus:
My personal posterior
Prefers something soft and superior
On which to be seated.
And in the winter, I'd like it heated.

No comments: