Friday, January 27, 2006

Support Your Local WalMart

There's a particular WalMart that was in the news lately, in Evergreen Park, IL. The backstory is that WalMart wanted to open a story on Chicago's South Side, but they couldn't get the City Council to give them some zoning changes, especially after it turned into a "we don't want WalMart" political uproar.

So WalMart opened one block outside the city limits. They opened today. My wife drove by a few minutes ago. She said there was a huge amount of traffic on 95th St. from people going to the new store.

WalMart got slammed,
But the store is jammed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

John,
I work for Wal-Mart and was at that store today. I can assure you the store was packed, and the customers loved the store- and most of all the associates were excited to be there!

John Enright said...

Wal-Mart Associate, I'm sure I'll visit soon, since I live about half a mile away!