Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Leaving Las Vegas

I had already finished 2 books on this mini-vacation, so in the Vegas airport I went looking for a 3rd. They had a lot of long books, and only a few short books hidden in among them.

Airport books should be organized by length.

I want a book whose length is right
For my particular flight.

I chose Steve Martin's novel, The Pleasure of My Company, a novel about a guy with OCD. I enjoyed it. Funny and touching.

I also read my first Louis Lamour novel, Kiowa Trail. Liked that too. Thrill-a-minute.

Also I finished off The Baby Inheritance, by Ann Roth. Quite heartwarming.

Maybe my enjoyment of the vacation
Is rubbing off on these evaluations.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So far, you've talked about reading books, writing programs for work, and ofcourse blogging as some of the activities you did while in LAS VEGAS! What kind of a vacation was this anyway!? Is this the new "in" thing to do while in Vegas? Is gambling and checking out the las vegas showgirls not in vogue anymore?

Or are you just keeping your blog readers in the dark, "for what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas." ;)