Sunday, September 16, 2007

Exertion Amidst the Whispering Corn

I took 3rd place
In my Ironman race.

Well, 3rd place in my age group. Don't ask how many finishers were in my age group. It could be a number a lot like 3.

It could even be that I was the second-to-last overall finisher.

I'm showing off the trophy anyway. Shiny.

As we started our swim, the air temperature was 39F. But the water itself was more like 77F, so all was well.

As for sights on the run and bike, this was central Illinois in September, so the main sight was cornfields. It's harvest time, so you could see the giant harvesting machines at work.

Afterwards I was ready
To fall asleep on the floor -
Uncertain and unsteady,
No energy anymore.

Fortunately, my wonderful wife was there to pour me into a motel bed.

No comments: