Monday, September 03, 2007

Lend Your Cell, Land in a Cell?

Tonight we were at a big outdoor concert, and as it was winding down I saw a woman accompanying a blind young man. I heard her speak Spanish to her son. She looked distressed, and possibly lost, so I spoke to her.

It turned out that her English was excellent. She was looking for her husband. He had gone to get their car, but she wasn't sure where she was supposed to meet him.

I asked if he had a cellphone with him. Yes, he did, but she hadn't brought hers. So I handed her mine.

Then followed the adventure. It turned out they were visiting from Bogota, and he had his Colombian phone. My cell wasn't set up for international. But Marsha had a calling card, and after many attempts at trying to dial correctly, we got through to her husband, and all was straightened out.

Hopefully the phone police won't arrest me for suspicion of involvement with South American drug lords!

Is it permitted to blog from prison?
Somehow I suspect it isn't.

No comments: