Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Reading Report

Play reading, and discussion afterward, went well.

Our prior reading had a lot of typical audience member type people.  This reading was weighted more toward play directors, and so was interesting in different ways.

I do think I have a tweak or two or three to make still.  But I have to think about it and mull it over.  Or "process it" as one director said.

The actors were mostly doing "cold readings," where they perform while doing their own first reading of the play.

Even cold,
they did some clever things
that bowled me over.

2 comments:

Charlie McDanger said...

Hi John,
Not to induce pressure, but I passed your "Nocturne" post on to a friend, and now you've got an avid fan waiting for part III.

Nice work!

John Enright said...

Thank you, Charlie!