Thursday, February 12, 2009

Irreconcilable Conflicts

Judd Gregg, Obama's choice for Secretary of Commerce, has withdrawn his nomination.
"I have found that on issues such as the stimulus package and the Census there are irresolvable conflicts for me," Gregg said in the statement.
Gregg was an unusual choice to start with, since he was a sitting Republican senator. But he did accept the job offer. So what is this withdrawal about?

I imagine by now Obama is sick
of making cabinet picks.

Well, we need to be understanding.
Being prez is demanding!

UPDATE:
The withdrawal appeared to take the White House by surprise, with members of the president’s media operation learning of Gregg’s decision from reporters.
Ouchy.
If I was the president's media operation, I'd be feeling grouchy.

No comments: