Thursday, September 16, 2010

Pools - Poof!

I did less swimming this summer than usual. I only did one triathlon.

First our outdoor swimming pool park went out of business:
Summer may never be the same for families in the south suburbs and the Southwest Side of Chicago with the closure of Evergreen Aqua Park, a watery paradise for five decades.
Then my indoor pool, at the health club, got flooded - with overflow from the Chicago River:
Even though the water only flooded the first level (pool, weight room, sauna, jacuzzi) the lack of ventilation, moisture seems to have trashed the cardio equipment, the fitness studio's floor "bubbled" up, and the tiles started popping out of the walls in the locker rooms.
There are other places to swim, but I can be a creature of habit,
and I was too lazy to seek out opportunity and grab it!

No comments: