Thursday, January 13, 2011

Wild Flowers Reading

We're having a free reading of my new full-length play on February 1, at 7:30 pm, at Dream Theatre. It's called Wild Flowers, and it's about a young woman who finds out that she may not be an American citizen - that she may be deported shortly to Russia. As the play opens, she's doing yoga on her patio, trying to clear her mind, and a young man walks up, offering to help.

We're planning on a July 2011 production. Last time around, with Ready Or Not, I made some changes to the script, based on a reading or two. So I want to hear how it sounds. There will be some audience discussion afterwards.



This cartoon (which you can get on a shirt) isn't based on the play, but somehow it goes well with the play.

Wild flowers
have the power
to succeed
as weeds.

2 comments:

Charlie McDanger said...

Keep the fire burning, John. Very much in admiration.

John Enright said...

Thanks, Charlie! I just keep plugging away, because I like it.