Friday, April 15, 2011

Atlas Shrugged, Part 1

I had the opportunity to see the film one day early. I really liked it. Okay, I loved it. I'm going to see it again tomorrow, so tomorrow I might be able to be a little bit more reflective about it.

As a big fan of the book, I was impressed by how closely they stuck to the original story. I never had that sense of being cheated that comes when a film version wanders too far from a beloved text.

I don't know how the movie will play for people who haven't read the book. I think it will work. But I'm not sure.

Harmon Kaslow, one of the producers, took questions at the screening. He seemed very happy with the movie's success in getting in a lot of theaters.

They said it couldn't be done.
But here they are with Part 1.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Whoo-Hoo!