Monday, July 11, 2011

Whoosh

This morning when I got up it was sunny. There was a forecast for morning rain, but I didn't take my umbrella. I had an umbrella at work! Clearly I had plenty of time to get downtown before the rain came.

Wrong. When I got off the train the water was blowing sideways at high speed through our open-air train terminal.
Around 463,000 ComEd customers were without power Monday night after fast-moving severe thunderstorms tore through Chicago and its suburbs earlier in the day.
I got wet. I'm not going to complain, because my power stayed on, and no trees fell on my house, and I didn't get all THAT wet.

But I did spend time in the men's room using the hand blow-drier to dry my shirt off. You know, I don't like those hand blow-driers much. But I do have to say it did a fine job drying my shirt!

If I were a smarter fella
I woulda brought my umbrella.

No comments: