Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Hunter by Bidinotto

Tonight I finished reading Hunter, a first novel by Robert Bidinotto, who I've known a long time. It's a thriller, and while I haven't been reading many of them lately, I enjoyed this one a lot. It's fast-moving, and imbued with a strong sense of right and wrong. I especially enjoyed the Big Dramatic Finish, which I found exhilarating.

He published it independently, and it is moving very well in the Kindle edition. I read it partly on my iPad and mostly on my iPhone, which was a lot easier than I thought it would be. I was struck by the way the Kindle edition has a feature where I can see which passages other people have tended to highlight. The author has some thematic points to make, and those passing sentences in particular seemed to be highlighted the most.

There are people to root in favor of,
and people to root against,
and when the story's over
justice gets dispensed.

2 comments:

Robert Bidinotto said...

John, that's very nice of you! Thanks much. It's readers like you who have made HUNTER a Kindle and Wall St. Journal "Top Ten" bestseller -- which I never expected, and for which I'm grateful. Now, to write the sequel....

It's hard to write a novel
That everybody likes.
But the prospect of a sequel
And their expectations? Yikes!

John Enright said...

Ha, yes, I do want to see what you do for a sequel!

Of course, you can't please everyone, but you have pleased a lot of people, and I hope you pleased yourself somewhat!