Monday, March 30, 2020

Remote Office

Working from home for more than a week now. Today I broke down and bought an external monitor and wireless mouse/keyboard combo for my laptop. This made it a lot more comfortable to work.

I've got the external monitor set up as an extension, rather than a mirror, of my laptop. So I've got 2 screens, and I devote one, during the day, to my remote desktop.

Where did I get this equipment? Online? No, everybody is talking about delivery in a week. There's a shortage. The little computer store that's a block away? No. They are closed for the virus. The nearby OfficeMax store? No. They had no monitors for sale. The place that came through for me was WalMart. And the price was good.

I've seen this before, where WalMart comes through when specialty stores fail. I think it's their superior supply-chain.

If I must work from home,
I'd like it to be in a crystalline weatherproof dome,
But for now this room will do.
Compared to work it has a better view -
The windows at work are horribly unclear
Because they haven't been washed in more than a year.

No comments: