Friday, July 08, 2005

Direction Service

For the 3rd time today, someone driving around in a distant state called me for directions. First, my wife called me about which road in NY to take to Schenectady. Then, my son called me asking how to get to Circus Circus in Las Vegas.

And just now, my wife called me asking where the heck she was supposed to go to get her room at Union College. She arrived there after midnight and the place looked dead. I told her the name of the building, and I told her the front desk was closed, because it was so late. I gave her the phone number for security, which handles after-hours check-in. In each case, I was able to help by using the Internet. Ain't technology grand?

Update. She's in the room and just said hello to [info]1188. The dormitory is a converted Ramada Inn, but the mattresses are covered in plastic, so I need to bring extra sheets or something.

After an all-day drive
Marsha arrived
Alive and well
To greet the hell
Of plastic sheets.

No comments: