Sunday, July 24, 2005

Hot on the Trail

Did the Rock'n'Sole this morning, a not-quite-5-mile race which goes up and down (and up and down) some very uneven forest preserve trails.

I was a couple of minutes faster than the last time I did it. But, boy was I hot. Today was a 100 degree day in Chicago, and, let me tell you, it was NOT a dry heat.

It wasn't really 100 yet at 9 a.m. when we ran, but it was getting there. When the race was done I kept taking water cups and pouring them over my head, trying to cool down.

I got a nice yellow tee shirt in my race packet with red Chinese characters on it. At least, I think it's Chinese. I don't know what they say. I guess I should bring it to work. I have a couple of Chinese co-workers, one a Cantonese speaker and one a Mandarin speaker. They can probably tell me whether it's really Chinese, and, if so, what it means. You can see the characters by clicking on the link above.

Maybe it says: Don't run
When it's over 91.

No comments: