Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Crossing the Red Cross

Here's a disturbing story - if it checks out. Remember how the folks in the Superdome lacked food and water? Remember how the Mayor complained that no one was sending help? Well according to this story, the Red Cross had food and water for them - but was blocked from delivering it by officials of the State of Louisiana.

Why? Allegedly because food and water would attract more people to the Superdome!

For the rest of the night, my brain
Will officially refrain
From thinking anymore about this stuff.
I've had more than enough.

EDIT:Video here.

2 comments:

Daphnewood said...

you know, I am not making any excuses for the government at the federal level but so many people have been focusing on the Bush administration and I have been wondering about the state level all the while. They must shoulder some of the blame.

John Enright said...

I think you're right. It seems to me that there's plenty of blame to go around.