Friday, September 23, 2005

Dog News

I guess I should blog
About my new dog.
I looked all around
At the City Pound
And quickly grabbed
A young black Lab.

He's just lovely. Pretty well behaved for a stray. Apparently housebroken. Looked at our cats but didn't bark at them. Is getting along peachily with our other dog.

Because he's a stray, the Animal Control folks didn't really know anything about him. They had him listed as a Lab Mix, but to me he looks like he conforms to the breed standard. I don't really care, but I suspect he's purebred.

What's funny is that my other dog, Juliette, looks less like a Lab, but has purebred Lab papers! I saw her mother, and her mother looked just like a Lab, but Juliette has a longish coat which has a reddish cast in places.

Juliette's looks are explained much better
By assuming her mama knew an Irish Setter.

1 comment:

Twanna A. Hines | FUNKYBROWNCHICK.com said...

Oh, how I wish that I could have a dog! :(

If I were to get a dog, I'd want a German Shepard or a Great Dane. I like really large dogs that I can taking running in the park.

But, I travel too much for work and I can barely keep my house plants alive so a dog is out of the question ... for now, at least ...

Stolie
http://funkybrownchick.blogspot.com