Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Mumbai

Anurag Wahdera has three posts on the Mumbai attacks:

Mumbai Mayhem - The Heroics
For me, nowhere is the future of Indian capitalism, warts-and-all, as evident as in Mumbai. And for that reason, it must be defended from the medieval mindset and handiwork of the terrorists.
Mumbai Mayhem - The Inept
Here is cause enough for all Indians to hang their heads in regrettable shame or raise their voice in justifiable anger.
Mumbai Mayhem - The Tragic
Sadly, it was the calculus of the terrorists - to hit the foreigners and the rich at prominent, symbolic places - which assured that many of us in the Bay Area were touched by the tragedy.
Meanwhile, no posts from Ergo Sum since the attacks. He was in Mumbai, last I heard. I'm hoping he's all right. It's a huge city. Odds are he is. But, still...

To my Indian friends,
I can only extend
my sympathy, and the desire
to fight back
and return fire
against these senseless attacks.

No comments: