Monday, August 20, 2012

Killer Skillets

First I saw this local story:
An Elgin woman is charged with first-degree murder after allegedly hitting her boyfriend in the head with a frying pan during an argument in the home they shared.
Then I saw it was a national trend:
GREENEVILLE, Tenn. (AP) - Greene County authorities say a man has died after being hit on the head with a frying pan.
Then I realized it was an international problem:
A Russian man died after being hit on the head with a frying pan by his wife, who was "driven by jealousy," a local investigation committee said Saturday.
All these stories are from this year!

How many must die, before we ban
the often-deadly frying pan?

5 comments:

Charlie McDanger said...

The missing lyric from "Blowin' in the Wind."

John Enright said...

I think I was channeling that song.

I was just recently thinking about "how many times must the cannonballs fly before they are forever banned"!

Charlie McDanger said...

I suspected I might be pointing out what was already implied...

John Enright said...

No, seriously, I hadn't realized that it was Dylan I was channeling. I just a sense that I was reworking a familiar phrase, without taking the time to figure out what I was reworking. Now that song is stuck in my head. Yes, I had the LP, back in the day.

Charlie McDanger said...

Fond memories for me, too...I started on guitar by playing that song a hundred times through.