Sunday, September 30, 2012

Almost There

My GPS claims I ran 25.7 miles today. I think I'm now fully prepared to run a marathon.

I still haven't decided which one to do. When I say this to people it evinces strange reactions. I think most marathoners pick their race first, and then build their schedule around it. This is a must for a race like the Chicago Marathon, which sells out months in advance. But most marathons aren't like that.

And I want to run on a cool day. I've run a number of marathons on hot days, and - trust me - cool is better.

So that's my new scheduling rule -
wait for a forecast of cool.

4 comments:

Steve said...

San Francisco is usually cool! Registration is open : http://www.thesfmarathon.com/

John Enright said...

Thank you, Steve!

Charlie McDanger said...

Vegas ain't bad in December...

http://runrocknroll.competitor.com/las-vegas/event-details

John Enright said...

Charlie, thank you for reminding me about this run. I've visited the site before, and a friend of mine from LA ran it.