Thursday, March 28, 2013

Back, And Glad To Be


I'm back from Argentina. Took an overnight flight, got into Chicago at 8 am, and went to work. Thank goodness I was able to get some serious sleep on the plane.

Door-to-door, from when I got the taxi at the hotel in Buenos Aires, to when I got off the subway in downtown Chicago, I was traveling 20.5 hours.

Amusingly, when we got back, our heat had gone off. So it's cold in the house right now. I'm typing in my overcoat and knit cap. But we've got guys working on it, and I expect it to be fixed shortly.

It's got to be a thermo-couple that needs to be replaced. That's usually what's wrong when our heat goes out.

I did successfully replace
a thermo-couple - just once -
hoping to prove it wasn't the case
that I'm a heating system dunce.

No comments: