Sunday, January 26, 2014

Photos from Just Testing

Here are 3 photos from my play, "Just Testing", from the 24-hour festival, Theatre of Women 8.

In the first photo, left to right, that's Claire Bauman as Lena, Yazmin Ramos as Miriam, and Shannon Leigh Webber as Glynnis.

JustTesting1
Moment of truth.

JustTesting2
It's hard to be a pregnant ballerina.

JustTesting3
Group hug.

Denise Smolarek directed. I was very happy with the whole production, which the director and actors put up in just 12 hours. In these one-day events, there's a very good reason to keep your script to ten minutes - so that the actors have a shot at memorizing their lines within the 8 hours available.

With a ten minute script, and 3 actresses, that's 3.3 minutes on average per actress. But probably I gave more lines to Miriam. I find it impossible to keep the line distribution perfectly even.

Fun was had.
And I'm glad.

No comments: