Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Railroad Police

The commuter rail agency here, Metra, has it's own little gun-toting police force. I see them driving around, and I see them standing around, but I've always wondered just how good they are. Well, there's a new report that says they've got their weaknesses. But here's the quotation that has me confused:

“We increased the uniformed covert police presence on trains. Since June of 2013, we’ve ridden over 3,400 trains."

My question: what is a "uniformed covert police presence"?

Isn't "covert" like "secret"? And isn't "uniformed" like "not secret"?

However shall I unravel
the way these fellows travel?

2 comments:

Charlie McDanger said...

Maybe their uniforms are something like this?

http://wtkr.com/2013/01/11/prankster-dressed-as-car-seat-shocks-drive-thru-workers/

John Enright said...

That's hilarious.