Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Madison, WI

[info]kraorh recently proposed that NIF meetings be held in Madison, so on my trip back from my triathlon this Saturday I should probably drop by and see how Lake Mendota is doing. I haven't been to Madison since ten years ago when TOC held its summer seminar there. (I'm in the 3rd from last row, 3rd person from the viewer's right.)

1995 was the year of a literal killer heat wave in Chicago; Madison was a few degrees hotter and deadly as well.

Up until that year, each TOC summer seminar had included a traditional softball game. That year a game was started one afternoon, but ended after a couple of innings as everyone turned red and got dizzy. That was the last of that tradition!

On the day
Assigned for play
We rented a boat
And went for a float
On beautiful Lake Mendota.

No comments: