Saturday, June 18, 2005

Personal Best, I Think

I ran a small local 5k today in Alsip, IL. They took a long time figure out who got what medal, which is always a worrisome sign. Then they screwed up someone else's medal and time. Uh oh.

I'm pretty sure I ran the race in 22:04. I believe that's what I heard them call out when I crossed the finish line. I remember as I ran toward the finish I was trying to come in under 22 minutes. But I forgot to hit the button on my stop watch as I finished, so I am relying on memory.

They gave me a silver medal in my age group, but in the awards ceremony they said my time was 23 something. Nooooo! I want 22:04, because that's my fastest 5k ever. Hopefully they will straighten out their records and send me a corrected time on a post-card.

If you don't remember to hit the button,
A stop watch ain't worth nuttin'.

No comments: