Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Memorial Day

We have a neighborhood 10k that happens every Memorial Day, followed by a small scale Memorial Day parade. I've been running the race a long time. For years it was the only race I ran.

It was hot today. But the crowd support was great. A lot of people ran their garden hoses out to the street to spray us down or give us a drink.

The parade included veterans, and a few folks in military uniform. They got applause.

For something new this year, the parade included war protesters. They looked to be about my age. I actually think they were the same guys I saw protesting the Vietnam effort back in the 60's.

It was like an acid flashback, except they had grey hair.
And I never even took any acid - really - I swear!

Protesters, go away.
Come again another day.

Today's for remembering people who got shot.
Not people who marched and waved signs a lot.

No comments: