Saturday, August 26, 2006

Book Nominations Requested

Tomorrow morning, quite early, I have to drive downtown and wheel my bicycle and stuff to an aluminum rack on the lakefront. Thousands will be doing the same. Then we all have to leave the heavily-guarded corral by around 6 a.m.

Three hours later, I get to jump in the lake and start my swim.

So the question is, what to I do with those three hours? A nap would be logical. But I fear pre-race jitters will make this difficult.

Perhaps I need a really boring book -
One that will knock me out with just one look.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You might actually wanna read a really interesting book.. that way it will manage to arrest your attention and focus away from the "pre-race jitters."

Currently, I'm reading "Maximum City" by Suketu Mehta. It was a Pulitzer Prize finalist and has won some other awards. I have found it very interesting so far.
Well, it's about Mumbai. Mehta gets praises for capturing Mumbai like Dickens did London and Zola did Paris.
Some high praises there. I recommend the book.

John Enright said...

"You might actually wanna read a really interesting book."

That makes sense! And thank you for the recommendation, it sounds fascinating.