Sunday, May 13, 2007

El Día De Las Madres

Went for a long run. Saw a huge fire from a distance, and like a little kid, took off for it. Turned out to be a lumberyard on fire - and it was still burning out of control when I got there. I was told the fire started in the store's collection of propane tanks.

The police, annoyingly, blocked off street access. But I was able to get right across the street from the blaze by approaching through a cemetery.

I jogged through 3 other cemeteries, too, and actually visited a couple of relatives' graves, including my mother's. It was a busy day in the cemeteries - Mother's Day's visitations, I'm sure. I noticed that Mexicans, in particular, came out in big family groups to the cemeteries today.

To mothers everywhere, I say
I hope you had an excellent day.

No comments: