Thursday, March 17, 2011

The Grisly/Glorious Adventure

I went to see: The Grisly/Glorious Adventure of Christopher Robin, Winnie-the-Pooh and Billy Moon.

It's the new show at Dream Theatre. It's wonderful and magical.

It's not quite as grisly as the title might suggest, but as the story opens, something deadly is stalking the denizens of the 100 Acre Woods.

The show takes those denizens very seriously, and I think that many grown-ups who loved the Christopher Robin stories will also love this play, which looks at the relationship between the "actual Christopher Robin" and the one in the stories.

As usual at Dream, the acting was superb and the staging was stunningly clever.

I would like to write more, but I have too much to do.

I recommend that you
spend an evening with Pooh.

No comments: