Sunday, September 04, 2011

Consequences

As I watched the towers fall, I thought that some Middle Eastern governments were going to pay.

I guess our score is up to 3 Middle Eastern governments overthrown now. The Taliban in Afghanistan, Saddam Hussein in Iraq, and now Muammar Gaddafi in Lybya. Am I missing anybody? It's getting hard to keep track.

You can kick that big old dog for a while,
and you might even think it's worth a smile
when he lies there and just eyes you with a growl.

But God help you when he yelps
and rises to full size
and pursues you with a most unholy howl.

2 comments:

Charlie McDanger said...

Agreed, heads are rolling, but I'm reluctant to call it a victory for the U.S.

Don't forget we supported the Libyan regime, including torturing and repatriating dissidents, until the popular will overcame it all.

Obama wasn't calling Gaddafi a "tyrant" two years ago; he was signing contracts with him.

John Enright said...

I agree about not calling it a victory. And I'm not sure how this is going to work out for Americans or for the Libyans. Sounds like a fluid situation on the ground. I'm glad we haven't put soldiers on foot there yet. (Well, we probably have JSOC secret missions on foot, but no "regular" soldiers seem to be there yet.)