Sunday, March 11, 2012

Good News / Bad News

I ran a 5k today, first time since November, and forgive me if this sounds boring, but the good news to me is that my foot didn't hurt afterward. Last year I had an annoying foot injury for the whole darn season, but I spent several months in winter giving my foot rest from running, and I seem to be the better for it.

I ran the same race 2 years ago. I was 2 seconds slower today. Last time, I came in second among men 55-59. Today, I came in 5th. That's the trouble when a race gets popular - more fast people who can beat me show up!

I did have to stop and retie my shoe lace at one point...

That's my excuse -
my shoe lace was loose!

2 comments:

Charlie McDanger said...

Better that people who beat you show up,
Than people who beat you up show.

John Enright said...

Boy, Charlie, that's the truth. Being beat is acceptable to me, being beat up is much less so. What a difference a preposition makes!