Tuesday, March 04, 2014

Ronan Farrow

Ronan Farrow is not a big hit on MSNBC. That's almost redundant at this point, given MSNBC's ratings. But when they hired him, and put him on the air, they apparently hoped for more young viewers.

He's 26, but for some reason appeals to older people. Not me, as it turns out, but that's the demographic he reportedly does best with, 50 and up.

At the following link, if you view the video, he says: "I grew up watching the greats of TV news - Murrow, Cronkite, Colbert..."

I guess that's just a joke. Murrow died, and Cronkite retired, before Farrow was born.

I don't know why,
but to me this guy
comes across as tame
and kind of lame.

Afterthought:

Maybe he needs different writers. I mean, Ellen DeGeneres can be funny with the right material, but I thought she fell pretty flat on Sunday night.

2 comments:

Charlie McDanger said...

I've now had 50 seconds exposure to this guy, so I'll hold off on the verdict of insufferable.

John Enright said...

Ha. Yeah, me too.