Monday, July 07, 2014

Quickbooks

Quickbooks Pro 2011 stopped working at one of my client's the other day. I'm still not sure why. It would seem to start... and then would just disappear.

It stopped being "supported" a couple of months ago, so maybe that had something to do with it. I couldn't "repair" it with the original CD, but today I was able to buy a new copy, of the 2014 version, online. And that version installed successfully, after my usual fumbling with "license keys" and so forth.

The online version was like 100 bucks cheaper than the same version in the store. It was "on sale for 2 days only". Well. Did I get very lucky on my timing? Or is it always "on sales for 2 days only" as a marketing gimmick?

Were we lucky it broke just then?
Anyway, it's working again.

No comments: