Thursday, July 19, 2007

Ergo's Puzzle of Bulbous Chunks

Ergo writes from India:
Ya know, being gay and all that, I never really figured out the straight male’s fascination with breasts. In my eyes, they were just large chunks of bulbous fat–and quite frankly, large viscous chunks of fat anywhere is simply an undesirable thing.
So he's interested in a new evolutionary theory:
Harvard anthropologist Frank Marlowe contends that larger, and hence heavier, breasts sag more conspicuously with age than do smaller breasts. Thus they make it easier for men to judge a woman’s age (and her reproductive value) by sight—suggesting why men find women with large breasts more attractive.
Is it the truth
Men prize big scoops
Simply because
A lack of droop
Is proof of youth?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahaha! This post seemed so popular on my blog.

Though, I don't agree with the evolutionary theory anymore. The comments in my post branches out into many more credible-sounding theories... some offered by myself and some by others. I think it's worth a read.

John Enright said...

Yes, you have a great thread going. I have to re-check it to see how many more posts there are!